Integrity • Commitment • Compassion
Quisque Sibi Verus | To thine own self be true
Northlands Girls High School
'NGHS' is an all-girls school situated in the suburb of Durban North, South Africa. It has a strong relationship with its brother school, Northwood School for boys. NGHS was the first secondary school to be built in Durban North. NGHS was originally called Durban North High School.
A decision by the Department of Education to separate boys’ and girls’ schools in 1953 resulted in the newly formed Northlands Girls' High School and on 1 October 1953 a march by the boys, led by headmaster Percy Hardaker, to take occupancy of the new what was to be known as Northlands Boys' High School whilst the girls lined the route, waving goodbye.
The badge of the original school featured a sailing ship. On the separation into single-sex schools in 1953, it was replaced by a knight's helm, which is still featured in the current badge. The school has around 700 students, aged 13 to 18 years.
Browse our latest updates below
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWS-LETTER
"Learners are encouraged to realise their full potential, both inside and outside the classroom..."
- Mr. T.S. Reddy
2025 Admission are OPEN!